Streaming to Vimeo with Videon devices can be done via the “Generic RTMP” selection in the “RTMP Output” tab, found in “Output Settings” on the “Encoder Control” page. Below is a step-by step guide on setting up a Vimeo Live stream.
1. Connect to your Videon device using the Videon Discovery Application or by entering the IP of your device in your browser’s URL field.
2. Once connected to the device, navigate to the Encoder Control page
3. Click the Output Settings button in the row that lines up with the name or your device
4. Click the RTMP Output Dropdown
5. Select Generic RTMP
6. On Vimeo Live, walk through their live event setup wizard until you get to Connect to your encoding software (2 of 2)
7. Copy RTMP URL and Stream Key into Videon’s Generic RTMP URL field in the format of [RTMP URL]/[STREAM KEY]
8. Turn RTMP Output ON
9. Click OK or Apply to begin the stream to Vimeo
You are now streaming to Vimeo Live using a Videon Streaming Device. Happy streaming!