The Ultra HD market is definitely picking up this spring. Here are just a few data points about the latest market developments.
UHD Blu-ray Market
- Samsung and Panasonic are offering 4K UHD Blu-ray players. LG and Sony will add their offerings soon, as will Sharp.
- IMAX will be making their movies available on UHD Blu-ray in order to give customers the most theatrical-like experience possible.
- UHD Blu-ray optical disc movies are now available for purchase and delivery at Best Buy and Amazon.
- Studios releasing UHD BD include 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Sony Pictures, Lionsgate, Paramount, and Universal.
- “More than 785 Ultra High Definition television channels will be delivered via satellite by 2025.” (digitaltveurope.net)
- Market Research shows a CAGR of 47.73% UHD TV market in North America between 2015-2019.
- “We project Ultra HD set penetration of U.S. TV homes should be 13.3% by year-end 2017, jumping to 23.7% (28.9 million TVHHs) by 2019, and reaching 46.4% (60.0 million TVHHs) by the end of the 10-year projection period in 2024.” (Justin Nielson, “US TV Set and Blu-ray Player Predictions Through 2024”)
- 50% of consumers who purchase 4K TVs also purchase UHD BD players. (Joseph Palenchar, twice.com)