Streaming can seem intimidating at first glance. Most RTMP destinations have similar but slightly different ways of setting up streams. For our products, we’ve integrated with select RTMP destinations to make setup easier. This is the first of a series of posts on how to stream to those RTMP destinations and other RTMP destinations you might be using.
(To learn about generic RTMP streaming, check out this post.)
Streaming To Facebook Live
When we set up our first stream to Facebook Live, we were impressed by how easy it was! Here are simple steps to stream to Facebook Live with your Videon device.
(Want to see these images larger? Right click the image and open in a new tab.)
- Log in to the Facebook account/page from which you wish to stream. (Note: as of November 2016, many but not all Facebook accounts have livestreaming ability.)
- Navigate to page management and click Publishing Tools.
- Click Video Library.
- Click +Live. This will open a pop-up menu which contains the information you will need in order to stream to Facebook Live.
- Copy the text in the Single Field stream URL field and click Next.
- Open the Videon web user interface. Navigate to Encoder Settings and click Configure.
- In the RTMP Output section, enter the Single Field URL you just copied from Facebook.
- Turn on RTMP output and click Apply. After a few seconds, a green checkmark will appear to indicate that you box has successfully connected to the Facebook server.
- Your video feed will also be showing in the Facebook popup. Click Go Live, and your stream has started!
For more about streaming with other RTMP destinations, check out this page.