Most people underestimate State College, seeing it as little more than a home for the University. Despite that perception, State College has excellent resources for young entrepreneurs. It truly is an amazing place to start, grow and run a business–especially right now.
What makes State College a good place for entrepreneurship? The University brings resources that other towns lack. We’ve got phenomenal thinkers and trainers, as well as a thriving entrepreneurial community right here.
But we’ve realized that the reflection of those resources in our town is relatively small. That’s why a group of local entrepreneurs has set up a goal we call 3B33, which will grow private industry in the State College area. The group’s goal is for private business in the area to be producing $3 billion in revenue by 2033. 3B33 is the reason that now is a particularly good time to be a State College entrepreneur.
Through 3B33, we are encouraging radical, rapid development of companies in this area. Even if Penn State is what brought you to town, we hope that you’ll soon see the benefits of staying here and taking advantage of what State College has to offer young entrepreneurs:
• Networking resources like CREN
• Coworking resources like New Leaf
• Business development resources like SBDC and Ben Franklin
• A chamber of business and industry that is constantly growing the local area’s capabilities
• A supportive University that is actively promoting local business growth
• A wide network of alumni and local resources for mentoring and investment
We want students to understand that there is opportunity here, even after graduation. We want them to be aware of the many resources in place to help them realize their business goals, right here in State College.