Adding to our series of tutorials, the following is a step-by-step guide to setting up your Videon encoder with DaCast’s streaming service. We have a custom integration with DaCast, meaning that our hardware and their software are extremely simple to use together.
Launched in 2010, DaCast is committed to enabling the delivery of high quality, live and on-demand video content. Their platform is simple, yet elegant. You can learn more about what they offer on their site, but for now I will be focusing on their live streaming as a service, which you can embed in your website and take advantage of their suite of professional tools and utilities to reach worldwide audiences.
Live Streaming With DaCast
1. Go to https://www.dacast.com
2. After logging in you’ll be sent to the DaCast overview dashboard https://my.dacast.com
3. Click on “Create”
4. Enter the Channel name and choose your channel type
5. Click “Add New”
6. Get your Videon encoder (API) key by expanding “Preferences” and clicking “Encoder Keys”
7. On the “API Preferences” screen, copy the “Videon Key” into the “API Key” field in your Videon Encoder’s web UI.
8. Once entered, you can click “Get Channels” and select your channel to stream to.
9. When you are ready to stream, simply turn on RTMP Out and click either OK or Apply, and your Videon Encoder will automatically establish the proper connection and begin streaming! (Watch your stream by going into the channel’s settings on DaCast’s website, then clicking “Preview”)